Emergency Preparedness is an important component to the local public health department. There is always a threat to the community in relation to natural disasters, large-scale disease epidemics, and bioterrorism. Three Rivers District Health Department is prepared for public health response to such events. Our response plan addresses the following:
- Early detection of disease
- Public risk communication
- Environmental safety specific to the event
- Quarantine and isolation policies and procedures
- Mass vaccination/dispensing of medical countermeasure.
Three Rivers District Health Department does all of this in an effort to better prepare, educate, and protect our communities in times of need. Three Rivers continues to be involved in the City Readiness Initiative, the Medical Response System, and the Emergency Management Systems for the communities we serve.